photo home-28.png  photo about-26.png  photo herbs.png  photo parenting.png  photo recipies.png  photo oils.png
 photo header-27.png

Friday, September 5, 2014

When Your Dream Changes



     It happens, even if we don't like to admit it. Our dreams sometimes change. Those of us that are dreamers are used to ideas and hopes moving in and out of our lives, but I"m talking about the main things. The 'What I Want To Be When I Grow Up' things.
     Here's the short version of my dream. I wanted to earn an MBA, do corporate executive work, get married, live in the city, have two children, and walk to the local fresh market for coffee every morning.
     If you know me, or have been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that isn't what happened. In fact, once I earned my AA then moved half way across the country, I never made it back to school. I did work in the corporate offices for an insurance company for a time, but no where near an executive level.  I have far more than two children, and I don't live in walking distance to any fresh market.
     The closest I have come to going back to school is in choosing to home educate my kiddos. My dream has morphed into wanting to write. It has grown to include learning how to have a backyard farm, including medicinal herbs. I recently found a certification program for the herbals part, and there are many on-line resources for hashing out the writing process. Chickens and zucchini were never part of my original dream, but earnest, hard work and centering on family were. What was at the core of dream then is at the core of my dream now, It just looks different on the outside.
     I found a blog called A Beautiful Mess. This blogger wrote a post specifically about changing dreams. I'd like to share the link here,  because she laid it out so well, and I would just be plagiarizing if I wrote it out.


Have your dreams changed? Are you running with it?
Photobucket

No comments: