photo home-28.png  photo about-26.png  photo herbs.png  photo parenting.png  photo recipies.png  photo oils.png
 photo header-27.png

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Guide For the Year to Come


     It's like Christmas in August! I know, hardly a joke with the craft stores already putting out the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas supplies. While I know it's necessary for those that handmake gifts and merchandise, it's hard to look at so soon! But, this post isn't about all of that. It's about...this!

     I look forward to the Farmer's Almanac every year. It's a trove of fabulous information! The Farmer's Almanac has a history of more accurate weather forecasting than the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administrations's Climate Prediction Center (NOAA). Don't believe me? Get your hands on last years Almanac, and do a personal comparison.
     In this almanac, you will find the best dates to set eggs, the best dates to cut your hair to either retard or encourage growth, the best dates to observe visible planets, the best dates to ask for a loan, buy a home, or get married!
     Okay, so I don't put my faith completely in the Farmer's Almanac. That would be ridiculous to me. I put my faith in Jesus Christ.  I will not argue, though, that God put the stars and planets in place for so many reasons. Before modern technology, the heavens were studied to gauge weather patterns. People knew by the stars when to plant for maximum harvest, and when to breed their herds, when to chop firewood.  I'm all for combining ancient and modern technologies.
     I'll see you all tomorrow, I'm going to browse the 2015 Farmer's Almanac for now!
Photobucket

No comments: